Hello All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neoteric James

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I should post introduction, as it would be the polite thing to do.

I have held an interest in diving for about 18 years now, but have only done a few pool dive until recently. I've been certified for a month now with 6 dives under my belt. My bro-in-law is a DM and lives on Table Rock Lake, so I will be making many drives to meet up with him there, but I still have the urge to explore every midwest dive site within 4 hours of me.

I do plan on learning to dive dry as I want to dive year round, but I don't think I'll get enough dives in this year before I feel comfortable enough to add more task loading.

This forum is great and I have already learned a lot, I hope I can contribute some knowledge in the future.

Thanks to everyone here and Cheers.

Welcome! Are there any "bucket list" dives you've decided on yet? Good call on the experience/task loading with diving dry!

Thanks DRIS, I may have thought differently if I didn't scour this site as a local dive shop offers dry cert along with OW cert. after reading through the boards here I am very much of the philosophy that I am ultimately responsible for myself and I should progress my skills in an appropriate manner.

As far as bucket list, I haven't thought about it that way yet, but I do have a list for local dives that sound fun.
Mermet Springs
Haigh Quarry
and later down the road
Bonne Terre Mines (I want to do dry)

and now that I think about it, I do want to ring the bell on the old Kimberling City bridge, just to do it.

But for now I just want to dive any chance I get, Table Rock in a week, Florida in November, and somewhere tropical next spring(still planning that).

Just find a good teacher and go dry asap :)
In Norway everybody do their OW courses in a drysuit!

I applaud you for your simplistic thinking of just diving as much as you can. That is the mark of most good divers, sometimes it doesn't matter as long as your below the surface blowing bubbles. I find Florida to have some amazing diving from the keys all the way up to the springs, there are beautiful places to drain a cylinder. Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom