Hello all, New diver from New York here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox_DiverNY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just finished my OW cert in Fort Lauderdale Florida and had an amazing time. I am hooked to say the least. I still want to get more tropical clear vis divers under my belt before I do anything here in NY but if anyone knows any good dive boats in NY I'm all ears! Be safe everyone!

Welcome aboard from a Yonkers native. Contact Scuba New York as they know the boat dive situation. They are on Central (Park) Avenue in Yonkers.

Welcome aboard from a Yonkers native. Contact Scuba New York as they know the boat dive situation. They are on Central (Park) Avenue in Yonkers.
Hi Tom. Boats here would like to see advance certification card and most require a pony tank as a independent air supply carried. There are boats out of NJ that require same. One boat I can recommend is Sea hawk out of free port long island

Welcome. There are many dive destinations out there, some maybe not as far afield as one might think. While you may need more experience for it, one such destination is North Carolina - if you go far enough south, and the right time of year.
Morehead City, NC August 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...us-dive-center-aug-9-13-2015-trip-report.html

Glad you've already been introduced to Florida diving.

Richard.

Hi Tom. Boats here would like to see advance certification card and most require a pony tank as a independent air supply carried. There are boats out of NJ that require same. One boat I can recommend is Sea hawk out of free port long island
I figured that diving here is a much differant game then FL, but when I get my AOW I would love to dive here to. Thanks

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and Howdy! from Texas! Glad to have you aboard!

welcome to scubaboard from a fellow new yorker. I'm too lazy and carless to dive locally. I might be making my first trip down to FLL in July with my dad. I hear the diving's pretty good.

Get down to Mexico and dive the cenotes. You think you're hooked now...

Welcome @Will_. I'm a recent new diver to the NY area as well. Diving out here is a little different than Florida, especially the water which tends to be a little colder. But if you're willing to brave that, there are some amazing places to dive, and a very active and friendly dive community.

I recently joined the New York Sea Gypsies, and I've met an amazing group of people I dive with regularly. Definitely recommend you take a look at the website, there's a number of useful resources about local diving; conditions, dive sites/boats, equipment, etc. I'd highly recommend watching the recorded meetings, the "Into to NE Diving" in particular.

Feel free to PM me for more details. Welcome to Scubaboard!

Back
Top Bottom