Hello all! New diver from Boston here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alex_can_dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Only logged 8 dives so far - looking to add more! :yeahbaby:
How would one go about finding a dive buddy? (Seems unlikely that experienced divers want to dive with me :confused: )

try meetups, check your local dive shop, I found buddies on facebook on divebuddy, there is a designated new england dive page in scuba board. post there, there are always a bunch of us diving all week long, your dive experience doesn't bother me, we all started out somewhere. check with the metro west dive club in the beverly MA. area, Steve does a dive every saturday. if you're up for a nh lake dive, let me know I am not far from any of them

try meetups, check your local dive shop, I found buddies on facebook on divebuddy, there is a designated new england dive page in scuba board. post there, there are always a bunch of us diving all week long, your dive experience doesn't bother me, we all started out somewhere. check with the metro west dive club in the beverly MA. area, Steve does a dive every saturday. if you're up for a nh lake dive, let me know I am not far from any of them

Awesome! Thank you! :yeahbaby:

Howdy and Welcome to SB from Texas!!! Dive right in the water's fine!! I would check out your local dive shops. They usually have planned activities during which you don't necessarily need to bring a buddy with you. That will allow you to meet people you'd be willing to dive with...

Sitting here way down south (New Orleans), and looking forward to a 2-tank Saturday boat dive off Orange Beach/Pensacola on Saturday and am advised surface about 82, and about 72 below the thermocline, I think New England dives should count double. Cold, vis not great, creatures not quite as colorful, just more challenging in general. I've found in a few dives off the north side of the Cape --Sandwich, Barnstable, Hyannis, Gloucester (the Chester Poling, a great dive and a piece of history, especially rescue history), Fort Wetherill, Woods Hole, couple others, that it's not an "easy" fun dive, it's work. Rewarding sure, but work.

I think a cold 30-foot dive in 15-foot visibility, is more challenging than say a warm 95' dive in the Gulf (Flower Garden Banks NMS, a wonderful destination way offshoreTexas).

One of my first dives after cert, Sandwich from a boat, instabuddy decided not to splash so I did it alone, wolfed down air, managed to find the boat again and surfaced after a big 16 minutes (my realistic agenda for that little solo dive was "Don't get yourself killed, and try to finish back at the boat and not lost", affirmative on both counts).

Back on the boat, one of the gung-ho divers I never caught up with underwater, told me, "Dude, you just dived the friggin NORTH ATLANTIC OCEAN!" That actually made me feel better. A bit like broccoli--not exactly fun, but good for you, your Mom would be proud ;-)

I am looking forward to going to dive the clear water next week. I am going to the carolinas for a week although I live for the cold green water of the north atlantic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom