Hello Again from PV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leslieinpv

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everbody! I took someone diving the other day and they said they saw my information on SB. So I decided to visit this site and say thank you. LIfe is busy and not being to computer savvy I forget to get online and surf around and visit SB. I will visit more often. Here is an update for Puerto Vallarta. Right now the water is cold, sometimes the plankton is thick and the vis on the surface is low but drop down into the thermal cline and the viz opens up and its beautiful , about 63 degrees. At El Moro now, the sea lions are in and are always nice to see when diving. Giant mantas are in , as they follow the big plankton blooms. LOts of whale in the bay, almost every dive we hear them, see them going out to the dive sites on the boat. I have now my instructors which has changed since the last time I was on SB, had my divemasters which i have had here for the past 22 years in Puerto Vallarta. We are now going out with half the capacity of divers, we use masks and take temps before going out on the boat. Many places are closed to tourism, put Puerto Vallarta is open and follows the new rules for covid. So if your looking to go diving somewhere, Puerto Vallarta is a great option. Just a bit cold 65 degrees in thermal cline but will be warming up. Have a great day and its nice to be back.

Welcome to SB. I didn't think the water temp. got quite that low in PV. I was there only once (not as a diver yet)- Aug. 1982. Bought two beers ("TRES Equis"). Drank one on the beach and forgot about the other. I still have it unopened...
Think I read that shell collecting on scuba is allowed in some places around there. So we may meet someday.

Thank you TMHeimer for your warm welcome, its nice to be back and see all the posts again. Lots of things have changed since you last were in Puerto Vallarta! Its still a great town I think. Diving is wonderful if you are able to dive with some viz. Summer time is the best time, waters in the upper 80s. Viz can get up to 100 feet in Aug and Sept. Some beautiful spots to dive in PV. Winter time, gets cold and surface murky, sometimes to 100 feet is murky but great chance to see the giant mantas . Depends on the day As low as 50 degrees it can get to Yes, Brrrr. but does not stay that temp for long then it gets back to warm water. April is the coldest month usually. At the national parks now, Los Arcos and Marietas Island you can not take any shells, now a days there are not much Other dive sites, do have some shells if your lucky you find some big ones Lots of clam shells. I think its time to put that beer on ice and drink it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom