Helix Vs Dragonfly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessica Anderson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're looking at updating our electronics and wanted something we can use with the Navionics chips since we use the Navionics app on the iPad for chartplotting from our couch (and daydreaming lol). We narrowed it down to the Humminbird Helix series or the Lowrance Dragonfly series. Both are available with Navionics bundles (get the chartplotter unit and you get half off the Navionics chip) until the end of May so now we just have to decide which chartplotter to get and go buy it by end of May.

Anybody out there tried both and can compare?

We're going to be using it on a 39' Beneteau initially then when we upgrade (hopefully to a cat in a couple years) might be taking it with us but not sure...

Thanks ya'll!

Dragonfly is made by Raymarine , not Lowrance. I have a dragonfly 5 on my boat and it is just awesome. I use it to find wrecks using the GPS and the charts. It is a nice size not too big or too small . I have no info about the Helix.

If you already have a decent bottom machine then there's no need to buy another just for Navionics. Pick up a Nuud case for your iPad and a Ram Mount. I also added a permanent dual USB charger. I can snap some better pics if you want to see how it's setup.

Edit: I'll add that I am looking at replacing my Garmin with the Helix 7 SI. :wink:

image.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom