Heel Slip in DUI Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cr.padlo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DUI only sells boots in full sizes (ie 10, 11). I am inbetween sizes, and advice on how to manage it so that my heel doesnt slip up and down when finning? When it does, I can only use the front halfo f my foot to actually fin, as my heel isnt in contact with the boot. The rockboots dont really allow for relacing. Tips/suggestions?

I switched to high top converse. I feel like the high top pulls the heel back well

I went to the store with my undergarment socks and then purchased one that fit + 1/2 + another 1/2 with the intent to return two of them. I ended up with a 10.5 when i normally wear a 9

You should be able to relace them. Just use a long enough shoestring and tie the ends together.

I am no help on the DUI boots. But I have been eyeballing the Altama Maritime boots. They come in half sizes, regular and wide widths, and have a sole that should give good traction.

DW

I am no help on the DUI boots. But I have been eyeballing the Altama Maritime boots. They come in half sizes, regular and wide widths, and have a sole that should give good traction.

DW

I bought the Altama boots (mid) before our trip to Bonaire. 100% awesome! I could easily walk on the iron shore without issues and the sizing is really good. It is now my "all the time" dive shoe! The black camo looks really sexy with board short too! :) Haha! Great boot!

I wear 10 1/2 shoe, I ditched the rock boots and got a size 14 aqualung
wetsuit boot, perfect fit never looked back

With my previous drysuit I just wore thicker socks

Back
Top Bottom