Heavy-duty laundry drying rack for gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flymolo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been using a standard laundry drying rack for drying my equipment. Recently it hasn't been looking so hot- it's starting to list over to one side (see pic). I guess the weight of all the gear has finally taken its toll. Does anyone have a heavy-duty laundry drying rack they can recommend?

IMG_2977.JPG

Get a HangAir for your wetsuit/drysuit. Hang it over a door with a big plastic storage tub beneath it to catch drips. Inside dries pretty quickly with the fan. Put a normal fan directed on the outside for quicker drying. I have a small place and this works well. I don't bother with a drying rack for the drysuit.

I wanted one of the racks that @tbone1004 has, but I'm also an apartment-dweller. I got a basic aluminum rolling closet rack from Bed Bath & Beyond. For $34.99, it can hold all of my gear provided that no weights are left in pockets.

I have an open shower stall in my utility room just for scuba gear. I installed a sturdy Steel rod across the center of the stall. I can hang two drysuits, wetsuits, other gear to dry. I have a regular desktop reciprocating fan on the shelf a few feet away to create some air movement for evaporation. This combo works really well to dry things out completely without a lot of hassle.

You can do this in any nearly any shower, so it's useful for apartment dwellers.

IMG_20200526_085421 (2).jpg

I have an open shower stall in my utility room just for scuba gear. I installed a sturdy Steel rod across the center of the stall. I can hang two drysuits, wetsuits, other gear to dry. I have a regular desktop reciprocating fan on the shelf a few feet away to create some air movement for evaporation. This combo works really well to dry things out completely without a lot of hassle.

You can do this in any nearly any shower, so it's useful for apartment dwellers.

View attachment 588200

I packed a bar like that when I went to Ginnie Springs in early March. Worked better in the Hotel shower then I thought it would. It took almost no space in the Forester.

Back
Top Bottom