Heated undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Ralph

Contributor
Reaction score
Curious what people are using ...

Warm water for me is around 8C (46F), Typical is 4C (39F) and cold is 1C (34F).

Typical run times are in the 70-90 minutes, so would love a 2.5hr battery life. Heated gloves are handy too. The ability to fly with it is a requirement

I tried the DUI at a demo, didn't cut the mustard and that battery is, well, huge! and doesn't fly.

_R

UWLD has by far the best vest controller on the market. It's the only one that is constant output regardless of pack voltage. Most other companies are using 12v nominal batteries, so as the voltage in the pack drops, so does the heat. Not ideal for decompression. Light Monkey has stepped up and has a multiple output controller with their Pitkin switch, but the issue there is the steps between the settings are too large, and the output still drops over time.

As far as the vests, Exo2 uses a really innovative material that is much longer lasting than standard woven carbon fiber that is used in most other products. It is not brittle so there is essentially no risk of getting shorts which is nice as well. UTD licenses some of their products as well as Typhoon. The vest is also available for purchase directly from UWLD's website

i think your need for a full heated suit and a battery pack you can also fly with that will burn for 2.5 hours is going to cause you problems finding what you're looking for

those things draw a lot of power

i think your need for a full heated suit and a battery pack you can also fly with that will burn for 2.5 hours is going to cause you problems finding what you're looking for

those things draw a lot of power

the vest and pack above will have no problem doing that. Vest is a 35w vest, biggest battery from UWLD is 160wh and is certified to fly. Assuming 90% efficiency, that gives you 4 hours on high. High is enough to cook you.

No gloves through them, but you can use standard gloves and a barrel splitter to get the power out there

the vest and pack above will have no problem doing that. Vest is a 35w vest, biggest battery from UWLD is 160wh and is certified to fly. Assuming 90% efficiency, that gives you 4 hours on high. High is enough to cook you.

No gloves through them, but you can use standard gloves and a barrel splitter to get the power out there
vest sure. but it sounded to me like he wanted a full suit as he tried the dui one
i know the santi full suit draws a bunch of power. I run my vest on a 28ah light monkey pack and can't fly with it

vest sure. but it sounded to me like he wanted a full suit as he tried the dui one
i know the santi full suit draws a bunch of power. I run my vest on a 28ah light monkey pack and can't fly with it

The full santi with gloves pulls 110w on high. Anything that can power that for 2.5 hours is not going to be able to fly. The big UWLD pack will give it a go for 1.3 hours, but it is right at the limit. If you needed that much heating power for 2.5 hours though you'd come out like a roast turkey

The full santi with gloves pulls 110w on high. Anything that can power that for 2.5 hours is not going to be able to fly. The big UWLD pack will give it a go for 1.3 hours, but it is right at the limit. If you needed that much heating power for 2.5 hours though you'd come out like a roast turkey

that's what i said:)

full suit or being able to fly with your battery. you'll have to pick one.
but I do know light monkey is doing something with their new packs that splits them up somehow and is supposedly legal to fly even on the big packs. but i probably wouldn't risk it with a big expensive pack

that's what i said:)

full suit or being able to fly with your battery. you'll have to pick one.
but I do know light monkey is doing something with their new packs that splits them up somehow and is supposedly legal to fly even on the big packs. but i probably wouldn't risk it with a big expensive pack

they are riding in the gray area with their monster packs imho, but that's for the consumer to risk. It is up to the consumer to verify all of that not the mfg now.

Regarding the full suit though, it draws 110w at full power, but it also puts out 45C when it does it. That might be well overkill. May not be, but if that's the case, you probably need multiple packs or wait to turn it on for half an hour or so

I heard that LM had federal government contracts that required flyability with their huge packs, so they have had them formally tested and approved. But I don't really know this for a fact.

I heard that LM had federal government contracts that required flyability with their huge packs, so they have had them formally tested and approved. But I don't really know this for a fact.

they have two packs that are un38.3 compliant. those are 5ah and 10ah. the bigger packs are various combinations of these two packs and when you remove the lid, they can be isolated. They are independent battery packs technically, however there is the risk that since they are in the same canister, that a TSA agent is having a bad day. There has been issues outside of this country with their large packs. Australia IIRC was one of them who is particularly annoying about their battery regulations.

FWIW these do have to be carried on, they can't be checked

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom