Heat sink corroded stuck on zeagle flathead 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seanothon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My service tech can't get it off. I'm pretty sure it is not threaded but it spins the whole inner workings and I can't get a good grip on the tube so all the pressure is being put on the plastic housing and I don't want that to break.

Help please!

The plastic housing is not a "heat sink" and it is threaded. Are you turning it counterclockwise? That's how it comes off. Go to frogkick.dk and look @ the schematic.

The heat sink piece I'm talking about is called a bushing in the schematic but in my model it is a metal heat sink. Do you know if that piece is threaded? The bushing doesn't appear to be

I just looked at one of my ZX 2nd stages. The heat sink/bushing is loose on the tube, it is held in place by the nut (no. 7.) Yours is apparently seized onto the tube. I would suggest stripping it down as far as possible and dropping it in an ultrasonic cleaner to see if that will loosen up the heat sink. The ultrasonic cleaner may damage some of the soft parts, o-rings ect.

I just had one of my Zeagle reg sets serviced and the tech installed the new upgrade kits that Atomic designed and said that they are supposed to increase the performance of the Zeagle 2nd stages.

The heat sink piece I'm talking about is called a bushing in the schematic but in my model it is a metal heat sink. Do you know if that piece is threaded? The bushing doesn't appear to be

OH!
I thought you were talking about the plastic "environmental end cap" on the first stage, which sometimes gets stuck due to corrosion.
Okay, I have a first stage apart in my lap. The heat sink is Not threaded. You could try freezing it and tapping it with a piece of wood. You could try freezing it and then running hot water over it (and maybe tapping it). You could squirt some PB blaster between the tube and the heat sink, let it sit over night, tap. You could try soaking it in Coke then tap Or any combination of the above (tempered with patience).

Last edited:
OH!
I thought you were talking about the plastic "environmental end cap" on the first stage, which sometimes gets stuck due to corrosion.
Okay, I have a first stage apart in my lap. The heat sink is Not threaded. You could try freezing it and tapping it with a piece of wood. You could try freezing it and then running hot water over it (and maybe tapping it). You could squirt some PB blaster between the tube and the heat sink, let it sit over night, tap. You could try soaking it in Coke then tap Or any combination of the above (tempered with patience).

I attempted all these except the coke multiple times to no avail. Any other suggestions? There is nothing to get a grip on to turn and put pressure on the heat sink, so I have only been able to tap the threaded hose end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom