Healthways scubamaster fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom lauder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
evening everyone

I stumbled upon a pair of healthways scubamaster fins today. Does anyone know if they are any good? they look a lot like jet fins are they comparable?

Thanks
Tom

Healthways Scubamaster fins appear in two volumes from my bookcase of diving literature:

1. Gene Parker (1974) Gene Parker's Complete Handbook of Skin Diving. New York: Avon Books.
img516.jpg

2. Larry Clinton, Jr (1978) The Complete Outfitting & Source Book for Sport Diving. A Holt Great Outdoors Book.
img515.jpg

The book publication dates confirm that the Healthways Scubamaster was launched in the wake of Scubapro's adoption of the closed-heel Beuchat Jetfin and subsequent marketing of the open-heel Jet Fin. The second image above provides a product description of the Healthways Scubamaster model.

How good are these Healthways Scubamasters you stumbled upon? Fins will always be a personal choice, whether you intend swimming with them or adding them to a collection of historical gear. When I am minded to purchase an old pair of fins, I consider first how much ownership would contribute to my diving history research. If they came in my size, I would have the extra option of swimming with them to find out how they performed in the water.

Here's a vintage ad for Healthways Scubamasters:
fa5e116188594ec87319e9de14b13760.jpg

So at least Healthways thought they supplied a "helluva kick". Whether the company's claim of "Balanced Venting" for the fins represents scientific breakthrough or marketing hype I'll leave to others to decide.:coffee:

Thamks David thats great info. I'm solidly in the user category. As far as i can tell they are in good shape, im no expert but the rubber is still shiny, theres no signs of dry rot that i can see and theres no rust on the strap buckles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom