heading to Pompano 12-8 to 12-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should read the "Manatees and Crystal River Trip 12/3/06" posted by Missdirected. I want to go there now.

FYI, the marine forecast for this weekend is looking pretty poor. They are calling for eight to ten foot swells. Better pack the motion sickness medicines if you need them. Plus, most of the operators down here shut down in anything over six feet.

Wouldnt even think about anything to do with a boat this weekend! Not diving or fishing. Especially fishing. The fishing boats go farther out than the dive boats do. Ever dove a freshwater spring? Plenty to choose from here. Doesnt matter how much wind, the springs are still there to dive.

SpiderSense:
oh wow. i thought those waves sounded high to me, a cautious beginner. but if you guys think its iffy, then heck no for me.

now do i not even pack the gear? its alot of gear to bring. and no, i wont rent since i just spent all this money on all new gear. hehe

maybe i can turn this trip into a deep sea fishing trip. not sure if my wife would go for it though.. i'll look into short cruises as well. any other thoughts?
I would not even think about going out - but if you do go fishing, you woun't have to worry about bringing chum......you'll have it with you if you know what I mean

2 -4 is fair - 3 - 5 on the edge of enjoyable and 4 - 6 while it can be done, its not fun - plus it can mess up the viz. The forecast is for much higher. Fishing and dive boats will not venture out anywhere close to these predictions. If you want to fish, do it from a pier, bridge, or shore.

Do the springs, or shore based activities - you can have a great experience in Fl during winter, but there is a real chance of getting blown out.

Wish you better luck on your next trip.

SpiderSense:
i'll look into short cruises as well. any other thoughts?

You can check http://www.rccl.com and see if there's any cabins left on Majesty of the Seas. They sail from the Port of Miami at 4pm Friday afternoon and return at 7am Monday morning with two stops in the Bahamas (Nassau and Little Stirup/Coco Key) and you might get some diving in over there.

thanks. my cruise agent checked and everything is booked. so i booked a car rental and driving 5 hours north to dive in the springs and snorkel with the manatees. friday and saturday and maybe sunday morning. and if weather is ok, i may dive Pompano monday.

just need to figure out where to stay and who to dive with up north..

thanks everyone.

SpiderSense:
thanks. my cruise agent checked and everything is booked. thanks everyone.

Fire your cruise agent, there are interior cabins available for $324/pp for the sailing on 12/8 :)

Just the same, I think you'll dig diving with the sea cows (manatees).

What springs are you going to dive? Need a guide?

guide? i probably will, unless i go with american pro. i think they go down with us. hmm. i still havent decided on where to stay/go yet. but i'll be in ft lauderdale around noon and will drive up shortly after. i'll check emails, scubaboard, and book everything after my flight and before i drive up. if anyone is around who wants to join, please message me!

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom