Heading to Kauai Hawaii - Can you recommend a dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dyin-To-Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm heading to Kauai in June and don't know who to use or where to go. Can anyone reccomend a good dive spot and outfit?

I liked SeaSport Divers. Fathom Five also gets recommended often. SeaSport has slightly larger boats. Both are on the south side near Poipu.
Koloa Landing is a good shore dive in that area, the signature boat dive is Sheraton Caverns. If you're staying on the north shore, you won't like the drive.

Ill be there June 10-17! I've had several recommendations for Fathom Five. I've emailed back and forth with them but haven't booked yet.

I'm excited!

Another vote for Fathom Five. I've gone on many boat and shore dives with them.

Tell them that "Oren sent me."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the posts imply I think you'll have a fantastic time with either shop. If you look at posts in the past they are pretty consistent. Though I personally work at Seasport divers - I have very good friends at F.Five that I have no problem sending guests to when we are overbooked or if they just happen to be looking for something different. They have two of the very best Captains on the island - Len and Charlie who know more about these waters than just about anyone. Brian Sogge is a great DM over there as well.

We both do very similiar dive locations and actually work fairly close together - even sharing sites at times. It is a very tight dive community as far as the Poipu/Koloa shops.

What are you interested in seeing? I can give you some suggestions on meeting your interests - especially as they relate to critters. There is also a fantastic shore dive here that is often a favorite among divers doing multiple days of diving.

If I can help you out with any questions/arrangements I am certainly happy to do so. Doesn't have to be dive related either.

Hope you have a fantastic day and feel free to drop me a PM if you wish.

A

I have also heard good things about both shops but I would suggest you also ask the shops how they feel about buddy diving versus diving with a group led by a DM. There is a tendency in hawaii to the group led DM dives but some will let you stray a bit. If that is important to you- or you have a preference either way- find out who does what and then pick. Hope you have a great time. Kuaii is a great place.

I have dived with Fathom and Seasport. As stated in other replies they are both good shops. However, I have consistently found Seasport staff and quality of equipment and boat slightly superior to Fathom. One thing I liked is they take you from the shop to the boat, Fathom you had to drive yourself and if you need a wetsuit they charged extra. The other Fathom surprise- they did not have a wash room to use at the shop, they told me I had to go to the gas station next door to them. Seasport also had a gear rinse area back at the shop. I hate cattle boat diving and have never encountered this with Seasport. They could have better SI snacks :). ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom