Heading to Belize in Aug. Any input?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhoadc

Registered
Reaction score
My non-diving wife and I will be heading to belize at the end of August for out honeymoon. We are staying at Captain Morgans Resort.

Neither of us have ever been there and the only diving I have done has been in Wisconsin.

Do you guys have any input/advice (diving or otherwise) that may be useful for out trip??

Thanks in advance!!

Rhoades

Leave the wetsuit at home, you won't need it. I just returned from Belize and the water temp is 86 degrees...warm as bathwater. With no wet suit you'll also be able use less weight. Buy the $45 per person water ferry pass. It's good for one week, much cheaper than the golf cart rental rates, but don't even consider renting one. The "road" is so full of potholes you will hate driving it. Brings lots of sunscreen. Also, Captain Morgan's has a little "convenience store" but not a lot on the shelves. It's good for beer, soft drinks, canned goods and few snacks. If you are a coffee or tea drinker bring your own. If you like wine or hard liquor, buy it at the duty free shop in the Belize airport. Incredibly cheap prices.

Back
Top Bottom