Heading to AKR in 3 weeks - hows the diving been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcraatz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are heading to AKR in 3 weeks for our annual trip to Roatan. We wanted to check and see how the diving has been?

Just awful, do not go.

Because of my kind nature, I’ll do it for you.

I mean, you were going to cancel upon our recommendation, right? Stay in Cheeseland.

The diving will be great, IF you take advantage of what AKR has to you offer.

That is:
A lot of diving. Make certain that you take every boat trip as offered. No sitting at the resort allowed.

Follow your DMs intently. If you want to see cool stuff, they will find it.

I was diving Roatan last week. True, in a different zone, but same answer. We saw all sorts of critters, at least some of us, those who did every dive, those who watched their DM. Those who weren’t too busy diving.

If your SB dive count is accurate, immediately do a Buoyancy Class, do a Naturalist Class. When you write a trip report, and NOW you owe us one....if it was anything less than spectacular, mention that you didn’t take the above training advice.

It’s gotta be better than anything back home, make it better with a professional.

Doc, that is what I was thinking. It would be so much nicer staying in Wisconsin with 45 degree temps and rain everyday lately. Ha ha.

This will be our 3rd trip to AKR and we have made some good friends there and really enjoy our time there, which makes it hard to try other places in Roatan. We are thinking we would like to try CCV one of these days.

I will have my wife write a nice review when we get back, she is the english major.

Back
Top Bottom