Heading Out Tomorrow 12/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salmonboy97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A buddy and I are heading offshore tomorrow to do a little spearfishing. Leaving Hernando Beach at 8am. Three tanks. We will be gone most of the day, pack a lunch. I normally travel 70+ miles and split the fuel 4 ways. Estimate about $80 each for fuel. Looking for 2 divers max.
We drop teams of two at a time in the water while two are left topside. May head out to the RJ, or the Misener but havent decided yet. If you have some numbers you know are good, bring them along!
Boat is a 2010 23' Parker pilothouse. It is equiped with an EPIRB and I leave a float plan.
Post and PM a phone number to contact you if you are interested.

---------- Post added December 8th, 2012 at 01:59 PM ----------

I have a few buddies that havent confirmed thier spots yet. First come first served.

---------- Post added December 8th, 2012 at 03:59 PM ----------

I posted the wrong date, I am going out tomorrow, Sunday 12/9. Still have 2 spots open as of right now.

---------- Post added December 8th, 2012 at 06:13 PM ----------

I have 4 divers now. If you want to go next time you can still PM me your phone number and I will call you if I need divers! I'll try to post a dive report late tomorrow!

Im curious how your trip went, i would have liked to go out further than 10 miles yesterday but we had women and it was cold and blah blah blah.

Im curious how your trip went, i would have liked to go out further than 10 miles yesterday but we had women and it was cold and blah blah blah.

LOL... I feel your pain.

We left the dock, late, about 9am. Went to the RJ Thompson first and there were already 4 boats there so we went to another wreck in the area. After that we dove 4 more dives and then headed in. No AJ on any of the dives. We did get several large hogfish and some snapper.
The seafog was really weird, at times you couldnt tell the sea from the sky. Dark, overcast skys made for a dreary day. The calm seas was the only really good thing.
Vis on the ledges we dove was much lower than expected (10')
Water temp was 64-66
Vis was 10'-30'
Depths 55'-70'

I got a 3mm suit. Is that enough ??

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom