Headed to Monterey. What should I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebutt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all,

Looks like I'll be in the Monterey area the weekend of October 27/28. Driving, so can bring full kit. What's the best way to go about getting wet? Any recommended ops? Thanks!

if the conditions are good and the boat is fairly experienced, beachhopper can take you out to the pinnacles

pt lobos if you can rustle up a buddy (required by regulation, no solo diving)

monastery if conditions are good and couldn't find a buddy for lobos (north is better atm, south has patches of urchin barren)

butterfly house if conditions are good and you dont mind a hike to get in

san carlos/breakwater if conditions are not great or just want something easy or different

del monte to the wharf if you want a muck dive

MaryJo runs a great operation with BeachHopper II which I highly recommend. For shore diving, Aquarius dive shop offers guided dives and I like their shop for any gear / tank rental needs.

We did a 2 tank trip on BeachHopper to Aumentos and Eric's Pinnacle on Tuesday in pretty amazing conditions [Link goes to photos].

Back
Top Bottom