Head too big for an OTS guardian?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joris Vd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

I've been doing some dives on my ots guardian to get used to it lately.

I like the feeling of diving with an ffm, but somehow I always get pain on my cheekbones after a dive.
Also because even the highest nose tabs with the high wire were too low for me too equalise I've had to fabricate my own nose block using a thick 7mm neoprene strip on the v-block so I can use it to equalise.
This makes me unable to breathe through the nose with the mask on.

Is it possible I just have a bad face structure for the guardian?

I know it sounds silly, but I have a pretty big head, nothing tooo extreme, My motorcycle helmet is an xxl but my santi hood is only an xl, so there MUST be people with bigger heads out there.
My girlfriend has a tiny face and the mask fit her like a glove.

Has anyone else had similar fitting issues with the ots guardian?

I thought I might be tightening the straps too much, but the past two dives i've been loosening them to ease the pressure, but as soon as I loosen them enough to get the pressure of the cheeks,the mask goes into full insanity mode and the overpressure becomes so much the masks shudders like crazy. So I might be overtightening the straps to fix a tuning issue? The mask just came back from a certified ots technician who does all the masks for all the local fire fighter services as well, so unless he tuned it incorrectly, it should be within spec.

pls help this big headed man.
50 cuft stage for reference.
204484959_948904412566564_2349490097429394907_n.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom