hdr fx7 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
i have the smallest spec of dust that has managed to work itself underneath the glass on the front of my cam and its sitting on the inside.... its showing up in my video when filming light colours... is it possible to remove the front piece of glass? anyone know what my options are? surely they should have made this part of the camcorder completely sealed....

i sent the camera away to get serviced at sony in Johannesburg and they have just phoned me back to say its going to cost 1300 usd to fix!!! they have told me because its a sealed unit they have to replace the entire lens! surely if its a sealed unit it shouldn't be able to get dust inside??

any advice on this? would i be able to argue this point with sony? the price for a new lens is more than the camera cost!

you would be amazed what stuff we see in those "sealed" lenses here in photo video service shop... and yes this lens is sealed, glued, whatever...
Untitled-1.jpg

cheers guys,

the dust is under the section labelled 153 in your diagram. could i take it apart and try myself? im thinking i have nothing to lose... yeah i will just have to buy a camera if i fail........ its just over a year old as far as i know its second hand thats what i was told.. this sucks if its sealed nothing is supposed to be able to get in there... its not sealed and they wont fix it because they say its sealed, what a joke.... not happy about this..

you probably got the estimate to replace part #163 as this is around $700-800. Part #153 is somewhere around $200.
Sure you can try to clean it with an alcohol or smth similar.

thanks umberth, is part 153 glued to part 163? is there anything i need to take into consideration before/whilst taking the camera apart? i dont think ill need to use alcohol its literally a piece of dust just sitting there should just blow away. thanks for the help.

jcpiota; im using an amphibico endeavor and nope i didnt..

no, they're not glued together for sure. They would not be separated on the exploded view otherwise

Back
Top Bottom