HCMS Yukon Photogrammetry Model - Dive 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have decided to build a photogrammetry model of the entire Yukon wreck. I think it will take 5 dives or so to cover the wreck in the level of detail I want. I'm not sure I will do the hull since it is relatively "boring." If you haven't been on the Yukon recently, the bridge superstructure and smokestack have started to collapse into the sand since she lays on her port side. I haven't go to that section yet (hopefully this weekend).

I started on the stern and got to about the start of the bridge on the first dive. I'll post progress updates as I go.

Here is Dive 1 which includes multiple screenshots of the model along with a link to the 3D model in Sketchfab:

Screenshot of the model of the stern:

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 2.53.02 PM.png

Regards,

- brett

Here are the results from Dive 2. I now have a good portion of the deck done. I will work on the starboard (upper) side on the next dive. Definitely getting there. You can see how portions of the wreck collapsed.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 6.17.30 PM.png

It will probably be a couple weeks before I get another Yukon dive in.

- brett

Back
Top Bottom