"Hawaiian Sling" WRT shoulder straps???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster:
I looked at your Marvel Hawaiian pack and was wondering about the ring toward the bottom. Is is a type of weight release similar to the idea on the Water Gil AtPac? Not sure on the scale of the picture but it looks like you could stow cylindical weights in the sides of the pack.
Aloha DA Aquamaster
Yes it appears that you could load cylindrical weights, to be held in and up by the spring clips at the bottom. The pack did not come with any documentation, so its seems a good bet that you are correct.
Turtleguy

Mine was not a solid piece like that. The shoulder hooks looked similar but the pack was an open frame with a couple of cross memebers which also held the tank bands. The bottom of the two side pieces that also formed the shoulder hook, were bent rearwards so as to keep it from digging into your back. It was a very lightweight affair. It had several clip off points on it for clips. The shoulder hooks were covered in a neoprene sleeve as was the two cross members. It had a single waiste strap, no crotch strap or anything else. I am as I said pretty sure it came from Aquacraft. Whatever happened to them anyways? N

There is a Hawiian style back pack like the one I used to have and described and also a Seahorse wing on ebay right now. Item number 7122760814. JFYI. N

Back
Top Bottom