Hawaiian Seagrass Locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traceur

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Aloha all,

I'm a masters student and an avid diver. For part of my masters project I am trying to establish a list of all the locations where seagrass grows here in Hawaii. There are a lot I know about, but a lot I probably don't as well. So, I am asking you all.

Please list any place in Hawaii where you have seen seagrass. Any island is helpful! Because there are likely many that haven't been reported, I don't mind if you repeat any as it just helps confirm that it is there.

I am trying to go through any site reported to have seagrass around Oahu to confirm the species present (we have a native seagrass found nowhere else in the world, and then one that is common around the world). So, if you can be as specific as possible (location, depth, etc) it helps me out. Other island reports are also great and maybe I will get lucky and get to visit those sites too. Also, if you have pictures, that is also really helpful!

Mahalo!

Good point. Here are some reference photos. The density of the patch can vary, so there can be a lot more plants or a lot less. But these photos are good averages.
20211013_173907_01.jpg
20211009_155137_exported_19706~2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom