Having problems side sidebars?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Although over 90% of our users have been seeing ScubaBoard's default template with sidebars (those boxes on the left), a recent change I made to eliminate our non-sidebars templates has created a lot of angry users who for various reasons, mainly screen size, don't want a page sidebar. For the time being if you do not wish to see sidebars please switch to the vBulletin template or No Sidebar template. ScubaBoard is planning an updated layout with a sidebar (smaller than what we use now) to launch later this month but given the amount of user feedback we will also launch a version without the sidebar for those of you who truly have issues using it.

Once again thank you for your feedback in determining the direction this board takes, we obviously have ideas of our own and while we can't change everything, we will certainly do our best to accommodate as many perspectives as we can.

How do I switch to no sidebar template. It is really irritating. arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

DennisS,
I have changed your account to use the No SideBars style (you may need to logout to get it to show up). For future referance you can change your style in your User Cp --> Options page (near the end) or via the Quick Style Chooser located at the bottom of any page.

Thank you, its good to have my old scubaboard style back

Well if it's in the CP I'm just stupid.

oh well

glad to hear that we will have the NO SIDE BAR option!!

Al Mialkovsky,
I have changed your account to use the no sidebars style, you may need to logout and then back in to get this to stick.

TechAdmin,

Let me just take this opportunity to say "Thank You" for all of your efforts on our behalf. Many of us spend hours every week on ScubaBoard, and it wouldn't be there without the efforts and sacrifices of a select group of people. Thank You.

It galls me that so many people pitched such a fit about the side bars, even after it was explained that it was temporary.

I did not like the effect that the sidebars caused on my computers, but even with the sidebars, ScubaBoard is a wonderful thing, and I am/was stll thankful that it is here.

Sincerely,

Wristshot

Al Mialkovsky:
Well if it's in the CP I'm just stupid.

oh well

User CP
Edit Options (located on left panel)
Forum Skin (located at the bottom like the man said)

Back
Top Bottom