Have you used the Dive Rite HP50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kohanbash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
Does anyone have experience with the Dive Rite HP50? What are your thoughts on the light and on its QRM mount?
Thanks

I don't have the HP50 but I do use and love the diverite QRM system. It's easy to use and the only time I've had it "let go" was when I got my light caught on something pretty badly. So bad that had the QRM not released it surely would have damaged something.

So, if your concerns were about the QRM system then I think you'll find it a joy to use. If they're about the HP50 its-self then I can't really comment.

You can get the little QRM bricks very cheap and affix it to any light. Actually, they're just a solid piece of plastic that gets attached to a light. You could 3d print one very easily if you wanted. I don't really remember what I paid for my extra bricks.

I have one. The QRM is a great system. The HP50 is a bit heavy.

I have a HP50 hand held. It is a nice light, really bright with an ok run time handheld. I found for cave diving I was quickly outrunning the run time. But I still bring it for open water stuff, as the run time is more than sufficient for my needs.

The QRM system OTOH I found to be less useful than I expected. I bought a soft hand mount for each hand. But the QRM was too hard to deal with underwater that I never really used them the way I intended and went to a hard Goodman handle on my EX35. For open water I would still use the soft handles as it is more secure to my hand (ie less likely to donate a light to the ocean).

I have one and like it. I originally started with the lx20 and then got the hp50 and like that it’s brighter than the lx20. As far as the QRM system it’s handy although I prefer the hard Goodman mount better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom