Have you ever noticed that....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199

When after bragging to your friends about this new great dive site, they go on a dive with you, and the water experiences a alge growth.

When you're the first one ready to dive the water viz. is so bad that rest of the group aborts the dive.

When you start packing up another person starts racing you.

When after being underwater for over an hour the rest of the group moves on, causing you to waste your saved air.

Ever notice that....

Your wetsuit fit better on the last dive

When you spot a shark your buddy gives you the "follow me" sign.

When you put your wetsuit on backwards you're the last of the group to know.

When you find a expensive artifact/object you discover a hole in your goodies bag at the end of the dive.

When you spot a mermaid she asks for your buddy.

Your buddy looks better underwater without your mask on.

Spot the mate of your dreams, that warm tingling sensations turns out to be DCS.

Ever notice....

How well you sleep after a two tank dive.

How you make a good dive buddy.

How fast you can pack when a friend calls and ask "How soon can you go diving?"

When your boss gives you the day off your first thought is" the LDS opens in a hour a tank fill takes how long?"

That water taste better without a regulator.

How it is funner to be diving thinking of GOD than in church thinking of diving.

Ever notice....

That you often times find yourself in a conversation with someone that is going on and on and on about nothing - all the while you are thinking you've had more intellectual conversations with Sea Slugs at 120ft after being down for too long?

Or that any intellectual conversations with Sea Creatures at 120ft - at the time - seems completely normal?

Or that your buddy never seems to find it funny when you coat the inside of their dry suit with NAIR?

That no matter how hard you try to plan a completely safe and fool proof dive there is always someone out there that has obviously tried even harder to make a bigger fool?

=-)

There is always someone on the dive boat with more gadgets than yourself.

There is always someone with a dive sword.

There is always a person with a better or more scary dive story.

While there is a hand signal for shark, there isn't one for tree? (Corsair said he saw it coming, but there was no way to stop me from bonking my head on that limb)

The one time in your life when you see a whale shark, you forgot to turn the blasted camera on before jumping off of the boat.

That when you're following your buddy you start thinking, "You know, he really does have a nice ass." (I can hear Lynette laughing at this one)

The 30 minutes at 85 fsw on the reef seem to flash by like nothing, but your 5 minute safety stop seems like it will never end?

That some people think that a funky wetsuit is like a diving merit badge?

That your job is now thought of as a way to support your diving habit (does that make the air fill guys the pushers?)

During confession TexasMike confessed...
That when you're following your buddy you start thinking, "You know, he really does have a nice ass."

I would like to state for the record that in all my inquiries I have not found any evidence that this is a "Chick thang" or a "Guy Thang" or ANYTHANG other than "TexasMikes Thang"!

hmmm, maybe this is why this topic came to a screeching hault and everyone pretended not to noticed this thread way back then, hehehehe...

:mission:

That TexasMike is having a hard time finding dive buddies after that 'nice ass' remark!?!

Ever notice that the more you talk about wanting to go diving the less people want to go with you>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom