Have you been to Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeLaCruz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife and I (she's recently certified) are headed to Belize next month and are looking for recommendations. We would like to dive 6 to 8 days, and not necessarily from the same place. We prefer simple accommodations reasonably priced. Can anyone recommend reputable dive operations, places to stay, and things not to be missed? Thanks in advance,
DeLaCruz

Turneffe Flats

My wife and I stayed here a couple of years ago. If you watch their website, they occassionally have 2 for 1 specials on dive packages.

We really enjoyed it, and they do some reefs up on their end of the island that aren't done by other resorts or the live-aboards.

Splash Dive Shop operates out of Placencia in the southern half of Belize. We are a PADI resort and have packages which include diving, accomodation and inland tours. We partner with a number of hotels and resorts that provide accomdodation so we are able to offer packages that range from budget to luxury accomodation. You can check us out at splashbelize.com or contact Patty at patricia@splashbelize.com.
Regards
Ralph

I always stay at Banana Beach on Ambergris Caye. They have their own travel and dive shop. Free breakfast!

We have a Special for the month of February at the Lodge for $1499.00 based on double occupancy if you want to consider that.
It features 8 days/7 Nights split between 2 locations. Spanish Lookout Caye and Ambergris Caye plus Cave tubing and zip lining.

Although Belize is a small country, it's still a big place. If you narrow down the geographic area you'll get better recommendations. So far you've gotten good recommendations from everyone ranging from north to south, and you'll have a great time no matter which you choose.

My favorite guide book is Belize (Insight Guide). It won't be very helpful in deciding on which accomodations and/or dive shops but it will help you decide where you want to stay and what you want to see in a country roughly the size of Massachusetts. The book covers Belize district by district and has lots of maps and tons of color photos.

Downing's comment that there are lots of good places to go in Belize is dead right. What you need to do is follow Downing's lead where he has booked whale shark diving and accommodation well in advance - the hotel reserved is now fully booked for whale shark time as are a lot of the other popular hotels and resorts. Try to plan ahead on the accomodation end if you are coming to Placencia during the April and May whale shark time. Hotel/Resort space is a little more open for March and June whale shark times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom