Have s90 in canon housing want to add wide lens and strobes for use on rx100 later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
I'm not sure if this will work or not but I want to start advancing my photography but I would like to do it in stages.

Currently I have a Canon S90 with the canon housing.

Eventually I will upgrade the camera to a RX100.

Are there wide angle lenses available to fit the canon housing that will also work with the rx100 in the future?

Also I would like to add some nice quality strobes to the canon that I can also transfer to the rx100 in the future.

If this works it seems like the best way to go because I already have a camera and adding lights and lens to it will help a ton then in the future I can upgrade the camera without totally breaking the bank right now.

short answer is yes. longer answer is it depends on which lenses you buy to mount on your canon housing and which housing you buy for the RX100. can't remember which mount base goes on the canon S90 housing (i.e. LD, AD or 67mm).

Inon are the only option for the OEM housing

INON Wide Conversion Lens UWL-100 28AD [Overview]

You need this
Inon 28AD Mount Base DC35 for Canon S90 [ino.456212143572] - $107.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
and this
Inon UWL-100 28AD Wide Angle Conversion Lens [ino.456212143227] - $439.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Total cost around $550
Whilst the lens will be recyclable the adapter will have limited market on ebay so you may want to consider selling what you have and upgrading immediately as those $105 for the Inon mount will probably be a loss.

This lens will then work fine with the RX100 using the Fix M67-ADF adapter $20
Adapter 67mm Male -> AD Female [gb.fl.ar.adf.m67] - $19.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
However if you then add a dome you will need the FIX M67-ADF PRO that costs $100 as you will need to align the dome petals to the port

Back
Top Bottom