Hatteras Village, Today through Aug 30.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H3LlIoN

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm in Hatteras Village this week, looking to see if anybody wants to catch up and do some diving. Sounds like bottom is churned up a bit, so most likely later in the week. I'm gonna drop in on Capt. JT this evening and get his schedule for the rest of the week. If anyone wants to meet up, my regular buddy is on an extended S.I. in VA, so post here or PM me. Internet is spotty, I have to drive up to Frisco to use the WiFi at the coffee shop, so I'll be checking in daily. Also might be interested in hitting up the Go-Between in Nags Head this weekend on the way home.

- H

P.S. - I'll also be doing some inshore spearfishing from a private boat, if anyone is interested...

Talked to JT, he's full on Fri. His boat is available weds & thurs...anyone wanna make the trip? He needs 4 to pull out...

Why would you hand somebody a loaded speargun? Appreciate the website, didn't even know there was a fourth boat down there. I was trying to get up with JT but, like I posted, he was full. Art & the Margie II were, um, unavailable, and then the Fish was out of water. :p

It actually happened a week or so ago, JT was not happy about it. I kind of mentioned it as a joke.
I also believe the diver handing the gun up was also the diver who ran out of air on the British Splendour & popped to the surface.
From what I heard he got lost & kept searching until he was OOA instead of shooting a bag when he realized it was hopeless.
Capt. Dave & his crew (DiveHatteras) probably saved his life with their quick reaction.

Is Art still down there? He is normally is gone by now.

I knew the Fish was out of the water having 1 of the engines re-blocked, but thought it would be back in service by now.

Back
Top Bottom