Has the COVID-19 situation changed your gear purchasing habits?

Has COVID-19 changed the likelyhood you'll purchase gear right now?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cant even get my reg serviced at the moment, let alone buy a new one

Have what I need for the moment. But, I have been looking to get a new wetsuit, which COVID did put on hold, as I was wanting to check out a Henderson Thermaxx that are in-store only. The closest shop that has them is 1.5 hrs away and would probably have to order my size anyways. That plus i'm basically restricted to a 20 mile radius by work.

I've also been in market for a new wettie. That will probably be my next purchase once things simmer down. I think I'm going by way of the Probe iDry...I've been super happy with their Frogskins (way better than Lavacore and Sharkskin) and the amazingly quick dry time on their fleece lining, which the iDry also has. Great for repetitive diving! Drip dries in 10 minutes.

Need has never been much of a motivator, if I need something I buy it but often I’ll buy it if I don’t “need” it.

If you have an income this will be a good time to buy things that you may need in the future after the plague depression.

Thinking of a drysuit? This morning the USD UK pound is running between $1.15 and $1.18 a great time to order from Seaskin, they have already great prices on seals and other parts too, I’m looking toward the future hoping I’ll get to dive again sometime.

Your comment sent me to their website... because I HAVE been "passively shopping" for a new drysuit. Seems they have suspended online sales until 4/14... :(

I voted “Nope, still in the market for good deals”. My recent purchase of a Deep 6 mask is a prime example. It’s also a prime example of “buying good deals for no other reason than they are good deals and, who knows, I might need it someday, though probably not”. Don’t know why I need 4 masks, 3 of which I have never worn underwater.

Erik

I've also been in market for a new wettie. That will probably be my next purchase once things simmer down. I think I'm going by way of the Probe iDry...I've been super happy with their Frogskins (way better than Lavacore and Sharkskin) and the amazingly quick dry time on their fleece lining, which the iDry also has. Great for repetitive diving! Drip dries in 10 minutes.

I saw those they looked nice. Unfortunately being tall and skinny 6'1" 165 lbs, I usually stick to Henderson as they have tall sizes, otherwise those that fit my height are too roomy.

Covid 19 is nothing. If I buy more gear, I have to deal with my wife. Now that is scary. Waking up with a pillow pressed over my face, getting beat with a sack of oranges, involuntary sex reassignment surgery,....those are things to worry about.

The items I need to get are expensive - heated vest and trimix analyzer. I’ll wait to get them.

I am SO GLAD I pulled the trigger on my heated vest + extra battery as a Christmas gift to myself. It was a splurge for sure but I've wanted one for so long and I know it will positively impact the quality of my diving moving forward so I went for it. Fast forward a few months later and I'm now laid off. It's going to be a while before I can justify a luxury item like this (we travel for diving 2 times per year), but I got it now and it's paid for, so winning! lol

Well, I just got laid off. 13.5 years - buh bye! No severance, just getting paid through the end of the month and the 4 untaken vacation days I'd earned so far this year. No more gear for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom