Has anyone used the Atomic Wide Exhaust Deflector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time ocean dweller here (surfer, SUP, freediver & foiling) but new to scuba.

Has anyone here used the Atomic Wide Exhaust Deflector on their reg? Specifically mine is the Z2.
If so, does it help keep bubbles away from your face when you're upright? (kneeling)

I shoot a lot of photos & lifestyle images so I'm kneeling quite often.

And before you recommend it, yes I will consider buying a double hose reg sometime in the future.. :)

Thanks...

Yes, I've got them installed on all my Atomics! Don't think it will quite fit your double hose reg though.

I shoot photos with AA regs. The wide exhausts help a bit but I probably would not go out of my way to replace the std. exhaust.

FWIW I hope you are kneeling in the sand.

I have three Atomic regs and replaced the exhaust deflector on the B2... as Scared Silly says it did help a bit but not a dramatic difference so I left the others as standard.

I shoot photos with AA regs. The wide exhausts help a bit but I probably would not go out of my way to replace the std. exhaust.

FWIW I hope you are kneeling in the sand.
One really shouldn't be kneeling anywhere while diving... lots of fragile life living in the sand as well!

Lot's of stinging things living just under the surface of the sand also. Once an outline of an electric ray - that would have been quite a shock had I put a knee down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom