Has anyone stayed at the El Cozomeleno resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy-S

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I travel a lot but have not been to coz yet so I ask my regular travel agent to see what was available and she had a ten night package for this place for cheap cheap.
I dive but the wife likes to bake by the pool, we both enjoy the freedom of no cash while on an ac resort but still travel into town to check out the scene. So how does this place stack up?
Is the dive op any good? How far from town is it? Any feed back will be welcomed.
Thanks Randy

I haven't been there, but as I was doing some research it came up pretty positive.

I think the main down side from what I understand is that it is a longer boat journey to the sites from this zone.

Do a search for the hotel here (also called El Coz, i've seen) and you should find some details.

Hey thanks for the feed back. I am not quite sure were it is? Is it close to town north of town or south of town. I found mix reviews on trip advisor. But for the price I can handle a lot.
Randy

Randy-S:
Is the dive op any good? How far from town is it? Any feed back will be welcomed.
Thanks Randy

If its the one I think it is, its a nice place. Is it right next to the Melia Cozumel?

We stayed there four years ago. We weren't certified then so can't fully comment on the dive op. As I understand it you either need to use them or drive into town if you want to use another operator.

The room in the then new building were all ocean view with a balcony so try for that building (the taller one). I think they have done some renovations recently but I'm not sure.

There's a lot of beautiful tilework in the rooms , in the lobby and around the pools. The main pool has multiple interconnected sections and there is a waterfall which gives a nice neck massage if you go into it.

There is not a lot of landscaping on the property, it's mostly tiled but still very nice.

There's some nice snorkeling if you walk south along the beach 1/4 mile to the restaurant. Start there and swim back.

There is a very nice sandy beach , something that not all Cozumel hotels have due to the ironshore.

Across the road is the new golf course. It's a five minutes drive into town about $4 by cab.

Be sure to rent a car and drive around the island . We used
Smart Car (do a Google search) both times we were there and never had a problem. You can get a VW bug for $22 plus tax in the low season. They will even pick you up at the hotel and drive you to their office in town. When we drop the car off we stay in town to eat. Try El Moro for some great food especially the Chicken and Cheese Mole Enchiladas (search this board for more info on them)

Go to Cancunmap.com and order the Cozumel map, it's well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom