Has anyone on the board repaired/replaced a Deep Sea Supply BP+W bladder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveFree0rDie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. The wife and I both have the T-17 with kydex plate. After 150 dives, one is finally leaking. I would have posted my question on the manufacturer's board, but I don't think DSS is still in business? The leak is small and it's definitely not coming from around the inflator hose connector. Maybe just mishandled, I dunno.

There's no openings on the cordura shell, so I'm guessing there is a way to separate the plastic hose connector? I can't see an obvious disassembly point nor can I tell what tool might work best.

And what type of patch/cement would be best if I ever do figure this out? If you have a link to an instructional video, I'd greatly appreciate it.

We both really love the rig for warm water diving and I truly don't want to replace the whole wing if I can repair or replace just the bladder.

Thanks!

Here's how DSS tackles the task

full.jpg

:popcorn:

At one time when arguing with me, Tobin did post the steps for repairing the Torus wing. It was not an easy fix.

Hey @LiveFree0rDie ,

Here's my recommendation. It's what I ended up doing when I was in the same boat as you. I can sew and have a semi-industrial sewing machine, but ultimately my curiosity wasn't high enough to waste time trying to fix the wing myself.

DGX Singles wing with 30# lift $199

Actually, the deal was so good that I bought the whole package including a backplate and harness. Now I have a rig set up for singles and doubles and I don't have to swap.

The wing is a nice quality. I'm very pleased with it so far. The only thing I did was swap out the pull dump elbow for a plain elbow (ask DGX nicely and they might do it for you). DGX has excellent customer service, and the wing has a zipper, which should make you feel good about the future of this purchase. And no ugly orange letters! :wink:

You might even luck out and find someone on SB that wants to buy a leaky wing on the cheap like I did.

de·bunk
/dēˈbəNGk
verb
past tense: debunked; past participle: debunked
  1. expose the falseness or hollowness of (a myth, idea, or belief).
  2. synonyms:explode, deflate, puncture, quash, knock the bottom out of, drive a coach and horses through, expose, show in its true light, discredit, disprove, contradict, controvert, confute, invalidate, negate, give the lie to, prove to be false, challenge, call into question; More
    informalshoot full of holes, shoot down in flames, blow sky-high
    • reduce the inflated reputation of (someone), especially by ridicule.
      "comedy takes delight in debunking heroes"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom