Has anyone heard of an accident recently near Courtney/Comox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My mum told me tonight that a few of her friends have been talking about an accident that happened recently in the Courtney Comox area. She lives in Courtney.

Has anyone heard anything?

deepdiverbc:
My mum told me tonight that a few of her friends have been talking about an accident that happened recently in the Courtney Comox area. She lives in Courtney.

Keep us posted I hadn't heard anything

deepdiverbc:

Only water related recent accident i could find

Searches continue for two missing airplanes

By Bruce MacInnis

Record Staff Writer
Sep 16 2005

The search for a float plane which went missing in Queen Charlotte Strait Sunday night was turned over to the Port Hardy RCMP after searchers found human remains on Sept. 12, according to Navy Public Affairs at CFB Esquimalt.

Officials believe the remains to be those of Bryan Gilbert, 46, of Washington State and Marshall Stout, 30, of California, who were reported aboard the missing plane.

The Cessna 185 had taken off from Ketchikan, Alaska and was due to make a fuel stop in Port Hardy when it disappeared off the radar at 8:45 p.m., Sunday.

Searchers previously found a backpack with identity papers belonging to one of the persons aboard the missing aircraft.

A CH-149 Cormorant helicopter from 442 Search and Rescue Squadron at CFB Comox was tasked with the search along with Coast Guard ships Bartlett, Cape Sutil and Sooke Post.

Meanwhile, as the Record went to press, two Buffalo aircraft and three Griffon helicopters from 19 Wing continued to search for a home-built aircraft which went missing near Chilliwack on Aug. 29.

Aboard the aircraft were the 74-year-old male pilot and his 36-year-old female passenger.

Volunteers from the Civil Air Search and Rescue Association were also involved in the search.

Capt. Cheryl Robinson, 19 Wing Public Affairs Officer, asked anyone who may have information which would aid the search to phone the Sightings Hotline (250) 376-6640.

The missing aircraft is a small, tan airplane with light blue markings, call sign CGBV, Robinson said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom