Has anyone heard of a scuba brand named “Argon”?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerbee

Contributor
Reaction score
Baton Rouge, LA / Puerto Galera, Philippines
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The title basically says it all… I was gifted with a SMB a few years back that I really like. On the top of it, the company name “ARGON” is printed in silver, with a dot under the A and a stylized “A” symbol above it. I’ve hunted eBay for products by them and Google to see if I can find a website for the company, but I can’t find either.. despite looking fairly extensively. I’ve even searched on here through every threat with “argon” in the title (96 results, all about argon bottles/regs/rigging).

Is this brand name familiar to anyone? Does anybody know their website, or somewhere I could go to view co pa y info?

I’ll take a photo of the safety sausage if it helps.

Edit: added photo

30vbolv.jpg

Brilliant! Thank you! That’s precisely what I was looking for. Now I just have to learn Korean so I can figure out if it says “super high quality” or “factory seconds - worker forgot to seal”. :wink:

So, it turns out that Google’s “translate” app can now translate text using the camera... here’s a screenshot of what it showed for one of the rows. I tried using translate on the webpage itself but it turns out that the main information box is a photo, not text, which made it impossible to cut and paste also. It’s not perfect, but it does give a general idea.

24fb3g2.jpg

Although translatetheweb.com did a good job of translating the first option on there (the one that wasn’t in the photo image on their site):

ARGON SMB

Category: Accessories
• 210D denier heat treatment special coating
• Over-expansion valve attachment (easy to regulate air volume when rising)
• Color: Highly identifiable fluorescent orange
• Choose 30m/45m reels

The title basically says it all… I was gifted with a SMB a few years back that I really like. On the top of it, the company name “ARGON” is printed in silver, with a dot under the A and a stylized “A” symbol above it. I’ve hunted eBay for products by them and Google to see if I can find a website for the company, but I can’t find either.. despite looking fairly extensively. I’ve even searched on here through every threat with “argon” in the title (96 results, all about argon bottles/regs/rigging).

Is this brand name familiar to anyone? Does anybody know their website, or somewhere I could go to view co pa y info?

I’ll take a photo of the safety sausage if it helps.

Edit: added photo

View attachment 528230

JB...

Sure it's not ''ARGOM''...

W...

argom.jpg

Brilliant! Thank you! That’s precisely what I was looking for. Now I just have to learn Korean so I can figure out if it says “super high quality” or “factory seconds - worker forgot to seal”. :wink:
Glad I could help, I didn’t even think of google translate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom