Info Has anyone had recent experience with the Emperor Atoll dive boat ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russjstewart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My partner is keen on a trip in June 2023 and search of SB only finds one mention and that relates to a COVID question, a google search only seems to bring up booking sites and advertorials
cheers

I did the Atol in December of 2021 and overall had a wonderful trip. My husband got cold feet when he saw all of the Covid rigmarole for entry and exit to the Maldives at the time, but this intrepid explorer was not going to be deterred !

The three main brilliant things about this boat we’re the attitude of the boat crew, the quality of the food and the size of the group. The food really was exceptional, as were the crew, they were all adorable. There were just 9 passengers and when looking for or at big things this was waaay better than twenty plus divers plus guides all from one large boat. The guides were very skilled at picking sites and times where there were few if any other dIvres. At the main manta cleaning station and many other iconic sites there were just eleven divers. On the second dive at the manta station we had six or seven putting on the most fabulous show.All eight other passengers were extremely nice, we had a great week.

However the cabins, which were kept spotless, were very tiny. They were perfect for single travelers, it would have been a bit of a squeeze for two. In the Maldives you really only use the cabin to sleep in and there are no overnight sails. The communal lounging area inside wasn’t air conditioned. The outdoor dining area was fine for lounging about and there was always a nice breeze.

Also be aware that it is an old boat, so the odd thing will go wrong. But the bathrooms and the air con worked perfectly in the cabins.

We have two special anniversaries this year at Christmas, so are going on one of the larger Emperor boats. But I hope and believe that we will do the Atoll together soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom