Has anyone flown on InterJet airlines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoses

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found some pretty cheap fares from Dallas and Houston in Interjet airlines - I believe it is a Mexican company. Has anyone used them?

No, but I have a good impression of how they operate. I'd fly them anytime.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I read some reviews about them canceling flights and only available flights being days later and no refunds when you had to book another flight with another airline, but on average they seem to have pretty good reviews. And I guess Cozumel dive ops and hotels will be flexible if that happens to you. Especially during summer.

I have flown Interjet numerous times and prefer them over any US carrier other than Southwest. Flexible ticketing options, good fares, no nickel and diming, and more spacious seating - also reasonable change fees.

with most US airlines, it is best to buy airfare about 2 months before you leave, seems to be the lowest price. Are they that way also? So if I am coming in June then should I expect their prices to drop some more over the next couple of months?

with most US airlines, it is best to buy airfare about 2 months before you leave, seems to be the lowest price. Are they that way also? So if I am coming in June then should I expect their prices to drop some more over the next couple of months?

I've almost always booked my flights with Interjet within a week or two of travel and have gotten really decent fares. I can't speak to trends with them - but you can open up a calendar and see which days have the lowest fares. With Interjet, you can also buy one-way tickets for the same price as a round-trip - so you can book your departure and wait to book your return if that makes sense - no difference in price and sometimes less!

Never....and don't complain when your flight is cancelled all together or delayed 22hrs. Flying a second tier airline to save a few bucks...flip a coin.

Hello Amoses
I have used Interjet many times and I highly recommend it! I have been treated there better than many airlines form all over the world. They allow a lot of luggage and have always been on time.

I hope this helps :)

Never....and don't complain when your flight is cancelled all together or delayed 22hrs. Flying a second tier airline to save a few bucks...flip a coin.

Perhaps you are confusing Interjet with another airline. Interjet is not a second tier airline. It's actually a major Mexican Airline and the preferred airline in Mexico. They have opened up some major cities in the US and plans are to expand more.

I've made over a dozen RT flights on Interjet over the past several years and have never had an issue - they are far superior to American Airlines and United as well as of course the second tier airlines such as Jet Blue and Spirit.

Back
Top Bottom