Has Anyone Ever Seen This Before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Francine

Reaction score
Hi Scubadudes! I'm not a scuba diver, although I wish I had learned to dive somewhere along the way. At my age, and in my location, I'm probably more likely to join the Polar Bear Club. That much said, I wanted to enlist your help. A few weeks ago, on the http://www.about.com site, I saw a picture called "Waterlover." It's a picture of a cat in...You guessed it...Scuba Gear! I fell in love with this critter and dragged it off my browser. Well, you know how it is sometimes: The picture disappeared from that website, and then reappeared, attached to an advertisement. I wondered if any of you have ever seen this picture before. It looks like it might have been from a painting. I would appreciate anyone's help here. If anyone can help me find the artist, I would love to buy a print of this picture...

Fran :confused:

Can't say I'm much of a cat person, but that was cute. I have never seen it before. If I ever run across it, I'll be sure to drop you a line.

Good luck finding it!

Amber

I believe that it is from a TV commercial for a flea control medication.

Don't let age or location deter you go ahead and get certified. You will love it and remember the water is always warm somewhere.

Chad

I am a Pisces and fascinated with everything relating to the sea. I also am a lifelong beachcomber, and I make sculptures from the stuff I find. I just might take up diving some time. BTW, how can I put one of those cute cartoons in below my name like you guys did? They are really cool...

Fran :cool:

Yea, it's a flea prevention ad. I don't remember which, but if no-one comes up with it by the time I get over to my neighbors next time, I'll check and report back [they have the ad on their fridge].

Francine once bubbled...
BTW, how can I put one of those cute cartoons in below my name like you guys did? They are really cool...

They are called Avatars.

Check out How do I get a picture under my username? in the F.A.Q. and also search for "avatar" if you are in need of more information. [You need 50 posts before you can choose one.

WOW...! That was a quick response to my question! But I guess lots of Scubafolk are into the Waterlovin' cat. Yeah, let me know what you can find out.

BTW...if any of you are writing this on a Mac, there's a really great bulletin board for help with Mac-related tech problems: http://www.techsurvivors.net
Anyone who's interested should choose the Macintosh Forum.

Since I'm new to this board, I've started introducing myself all over the place. I have a friend coming in from India very soon. Maybe he and I can learn to cave dive, or something. That sounds really adventurous to me!!

You can see me and some members of my family at Fran's Photos

Fran

"At this rate, I'll be up to fifty posts in no time..."

Fran,

If you really want to dive, just go for it. I am an "age-challenged", recently certified diver. I started my first dive class at the age of 52, just a little over a year ago. I have since been certified OW (Open Water), AOW (Advanced Open Water) and Nitrox. I don't know how much further I will go, but I know I will never stop learning, even if I have to quit diving at some point. Now that I have been there, I don't ever want to quit.

I think it can be especially wonderful for those of us who thought we couldn't do that (dive) and then find out we can.

emeyer36

That's great news...! I'm only a few years younger than you. I think I will look into it very soon...

Fran :) :rolleyes: :D

Fran,

Believe me, if you do try diving you will never regret it. By the way, my husband and 30 year old son started last year (after me), also. This year, my son's bride took her classes and certification trip for her OW and Nitrox, so we are now a diving family.

I am, BTW, a Pieces, maybe that has something to do with my love of the water.

emeyer36

The ad is for Advantage flea control. They also have one out that has a dog that looks like a Beagle dressed in a suit of armor. Advantage definitely has some creative ad people in their corner.

And welcome to Scuba Board. If ever there was a place to really get you excited about trying Scuba, this is it. Folks from every walk of life, from all over the world and all age groups from 10 year-olds to people in their 70's and up gather to talk about the wonderful world of diving.

So, if you have questions about Scuba Diving, even if it's just 'what makes you love it', feel free to ask. I am sure you will find plenty of people who are more than willing to answer.

=)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom