Has anyone ever found any railroad related items?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw train wheels in Cowlitz River, a mile up above the mouth of the Toutle River, not far from the railroad tracks, a few hundred feet or so from an old bridge pier foundation, about 30 years ago.

I was told that a steam locomotive, cars and steam shovel are at the bottom of Lake Arrowhead, CA. They were abandoned in the early 1900s after the lake dam was completed. Locals believe they rest at about 150 to 180 feet. One local diver claims he caught a glimpse of the wreckage but it is covered with about a foot of silt. A far as I know, no formal plans have been made to recover artifacts, or better yet, take photos and video.

There are two locomotives off the coast of New Jersey sitting upright beside each other in the ocean.

Deep Sea Detectives did a whole episode on them

Yes Mike is absolutely right, when I read this thread I remembered watching that episode and all I could remember was they being found somewhere on east cost and were worth a lot, as only these 2 locomotive of that kinda existed in the world. The researchers had major question how did they end up on the bottom of the lake? I don’t think they ever got any real good answer to it and apparently they were preserved in real good condition.

There are Tracks and 2 small steam engines at the bottom of Sherkston Quarry in Ontario Canada.

If you dive in Central Pennsylvania you dive in abandon quarries. A lot of these have some tracks underwater but not to likely there are train tracks. I did dive the Tyrone Quarry in Pennsylvania and stumbled across an old freight car. It was pretty cool. How it got there I have not idea.

Back
Top Bottom