Has anyone done a DM internship with dressel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kd9uj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i just want to know more about it before i commit. since i'm just doing this for the experience/to dive every day i want to make sure that the accommodations and food and social environment is good...i know it's not a vacation and that i'll be working, but i still want to have fun.

i'm already advanced and thinking about doing it in cozumel or playa del carmen. Thoughts?

I’ve met a bunch of the kids in Playa when I go cave diving there. Super excited the first week or two. Then the money they came with runs out and they get tired of selling all day every day instead of diving, so a bunch drop out. The ones that make it through have some placement options from what I gather, but are considered better shop managers than DM’s or instructors after the fact. I’ve only been diving with one former instructor of theirs, definitely not impressed with his dive skills at all. This is all word of mouth based, I’ve never been diving with them or have worked for them, and having been a teenage dive pro myself, I know they/we tend to bitch and moan a lot, so take it all with a grain of salt.

I just came back from a dive trip in Jamaica and was very happy with their people. It could be different at other locations but I found them to be safe and knowledgable. If you know multiple languages then that will be a big plus.

It sounds like you have opinions at both end of the spectrum. Depending on the eye of the beholder the actual experience is most likely somewhere in between the two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom