Has anybody stayed at the Casa Del Mar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anybody stayed at the Casa Del Mar in Cozmel. I havnt been to Coz sense 1989 it was right after a huricane came thru and the whole town was pretty rough. there web site says there Scuba Freindly? I'm going there in late jan on one of those group trips and would kinda like to no what to exspect. would it be worth paying the extra bucks to get a Cabañas. any info or past experiance's would be greatly appreciated. I hope they dont have any of :ghost: in there closet's and after a good day of scuba some of this :band: :dance: sounds fun to. Mike

Casa del Mar is okay & it's packages are a decent value. Sometimes the hot water runs low, so shower early or late, and some of the rooms get a bit of a musty smell if the AC isn't cranking. IMHO, the extra pesos for a cabaña are worth it.

Yes, they are scuba friendly, but keep an eye out for cattle boating by the onsites Del Mar Aquatics & Dive Palancar.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

It was more convenient when Blue Bubble operated across the bridge, though.

Casa delmar is a decent hotel. 3 floors. Has a pool with swim up bar, tennis court and nice palapa restaurant. The food is ok. ( I Prefer the food at the restaurants in town/ totally great food) The grounds are beautifully kept and the rooms are nice. Over all it is a good bang for the buck! The on site dive operator is Del Mar Aquatics (cattle boat).:eek: You can have who ever you dive with pick you up at the pier right in front of the hotel

It is in a good location about 15-20 minute walk from town.
If you are looking for a modestly priced hotel in a good location, you will do good here. BTW no safety deposit box.

Just ask for a key.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom