Has anybody dived Sardinia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Photo Girl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the best way to get there?
Hotel & dive operator recommendations?
Best dive sites?
Best restaurants?

Sardinia, no. But we spent time in Malta, which isn't too far away. We did AirBnB apartments and rented a car. Diving was limited to only 3 days in Gozo. We were there in January, and the water was fairly cool (61 F). I imagine the water temps in Sardinia would be similar, so spring and fall would be better. August can be extremely hot out of the water.

I freedived in Cala Gonone. Rented a boat for the day from the pier about $200 euros + fuel and you drive by boat to beaches that can only be reached by boat. The water there is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I stayed right at the port cala gonone (cant remember which hotel it was), but I would go back in a heartbeat. Also beautiful is LA PELOSA beach in Stintino.

I also have dove Cala Gonone. Plenty of good places to eat by the beach. If I were going back, I would probably stay at Hotel La Playa. If I were hiring an operator to take me diving, for recreational I would choose whichever of the following three was less busy, or less expensive, or offered more private service. check out www.bluforia.it. For technical I would probably choose Dimensione Mare www.italiasub.it/pages/divingcenter.asp?id=872, and if that didn't work out I would go with ProTec www.protecsardinia.com (which is located next to Hotel La Playa).

Thank you for the replies.
What is the best way to get there?

Different airlines fly there depending on where you are flying from. Both easyjet and Alitalia fly there from Venice, Volotea from Bari, and air Italy from Roma. I am sure there are flights from Napoli too. Best bet is to pick your preferred departure city and check alternativeairlines.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom