Hartenberger lamps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought an Hartenberger as my first diving lamp.

It was a great thing until it decided to break down.

Mind you, nothing serious, small spare part to be changed.

It took almost six months for the replacement to be made :confused:

I get it back from the shop and it's still not working :upset:

Off it goes to Germany again, by the time it came back (another full month or so) I had bought a new Kowalski lamp and sold the Hartenberger.

As I'm being offered it for £100.00 (brand new, still in box with charger) it's got to be worth taking a chance.

Ian

Yes, it looks reasonably cheap if you know the previous owner.

I wouldn't risk if I didn't know the person who's selling, especially in Englad where scuba gear is notoriously more expensive.

I guess you saw the same ad on divernet/UK diving that I did.

I'm going over to get 2 mini compacts (also £100 each) on saturday so I can let you know what they're like after I've had a play.

the bulbs and o-rings are standard items which are available in the UK. They are not Hartenberger branded but work the same and a lot cheaper.

£100 for the maxi compact is a very good price since buying them direct from the manufacturer will cost £300.

Do a search on Naut-tech on divernet and google and you will find quite a few reviews of them. Personally I have always found German engineering to be excellent, long lasting and bomb-proof which is just what you need for a dive torch.

I'm taking the Maxi - couldn't turn it down really at that price!

Any idea who the UK distributor is now that Naut Tech are no longer or do you have to send them back to Germany if anything needs fixing at any time?

Ian

I don't think there is a new UK distributor at the moment so I guess it will need to go back to germany if there are any problems. Warranty shouldn't be an issue as the company is based in the EU.

Hi

Did you get your lamps?

Having got my maxi I am seriously impressed with it - should be fun adjusting my bouyancy - it weighs a ton!

Ian

We picked ours up the Saturday before Christmas. They definitely look pretty good and the 20w light is pretty blinding so I can't imagine what your must be like. I think our are a lot smaller than your so aren't as heavy. So far we've only used them for a walk in the woods late at night but that was fun and I like playing with the SOS function. Now I've just got to wait for a dive (not sure if I fancy Stoney or Gildy at this time of year - they sound a bit cold for me).

Have fun with your torch.

Back
Top Bottom