Hard times at Henderson ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It may be “all over the news”, but it was NEWS to me, and perhaps others not as clued-in as you. Thus my comment…
Don't feel bad - it was news to me too. I don't pay attention to news so I learned about it on Scubaboard. :)

I ordered a couple of pieces of lawn equipment a month or so ago. Last time I checked the ETA on one of them was about 12-16 more weeks. The other one I was told "not to expect until after the first of the year". I also ordered a new primary light and a replacement battery pack for our AED - no ETA on either due to battery shortage.

I guess the moral of the story is if you think you might need something in the near future you need to be proactive about it or roll the dice and take whatever you can find at whatever price if it becomes an immediate need.
Agree completely. Good advice for the super cautious shopper out there.

Lockdowns have ramifications, like ripples on a lake.

Now it is more like waves than ripples :)

... I'm still astonished by the number of people ....
I have now learned to keep my finger on my mute button during a update call. It's laughter activated as soon as I hear the words "Air Freight" followed by "Can we get it faster??" . Last week I had a cargo ship beat an airfreight shipment, because air manifesting & customs are weeks out. I seriously think I can make money being a "hand carry mule" on a plane right now it's that bad.

I have now learned to keep my finger on my mute button during a update call. It's laughter activated as soon as I hear the words "Air Freight" followed by "Can we get it faster??" . Last week I had a cargo ship beat an airfreight shipment, because air manifesting & customs are weeks out. I seriously think I can make money being a "hand carry mule" on a plane right now it's that bad.

:rofl3:

Wow. I don’t even hit the mute button a lot. I just laugh, but that’s with customers I really know. The Indians and Chinese have a distinct lack of humor.

If you want to keep track of exactly where a ship is, the Marine Traffic website is fabulous. I put the ship name in the “search marine traffic” box in the upper right hand corner. If status is moored, it’s in port. At anchor, not. I’ve taught a number of customers to use this website. They like it as they can check as many times as they want without asking me or my coworkers.

It’s so bad that Home Depot chartered a container ship just for their stuff. That is unheard of and unprecedented.

Here’s an update…
Spoke to Henderson this morning and they are going to honor their warranty and issue a brand new wetsuit. I just don’t know when I’ll get it. So I bought another one for my trip to Cozumel next month. Now I just have to “break-it” in…Agh!!!

One of my regular dive buddies is a long time friend of Allan, the owner of Henderson. He was up there last week, working on some custom stuff. The warehouse is basically bare due to the above mentioned supply chain issues - there was no indication or mention that it was anything but a temporary situation. I've had a shorty on backorder from Leisurepro since May (when the had a sale) and was assured that it would get there eventually, not really no ETA at this point.

BARE seems to be in the same situation - pretty much everything out of stock at the moment, other than a handful of specific sizes/colors. Hollis seems to have no Neotek's either.

If you see the suit you want in stock somewhere, get it!

Getting construction material here in NYC is getting difficult. Even bx cable is scarce. Lead times on air handlers is up tp 30 weeks. Plywood has quadrupled in price.

All that and a large pie with mushrooms and onions cost me $46 dollars last week.

So it goes.

Back
Top Bottom