Happy day for me today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halemanō;5911186:
I am trying to help you; I try to help a lot of people on SB, and elsewhere. The cognizant ones are appreciative. Your denile of what is transpiring in this thread is actually allowing me to help more and more people. :coffee:

I'm glad you're trying to help. Not many people are willing to do that. You also need to know when to tone it down. From what I've seen, you're overbearing and it's important to give people their space. You're not respecting that at this time. I'm not in denial but instead turned off by your messages and tone.

halemanō;5911186:
For that I thank you, abut not nearly as much as I feel sorry for you and am pissed off by you; because I fear this is just the tip of the iceburg. :shocked2:

Don't feel sorry for me as there's nothing to feel sorry for. I'm having fun getting back into diving and sharing that experience. If you want to help me (as you mentioned above), then be happy for me and offer guidance on dive spots, gear or other things. One of the best bits of advice you gave me was when you said that "The Evo mask that fits is better than the best mask that doesn't fit". That stuck with me because it wasn't a lecture, some dissertation on geography or condescending.

I'm genuinely interested in learning but completely uninterested in being picked apart as someone else pointed out that you have a tendency to do.

Rey...

Who likes to pick you apart? :dork2:

...(haleman&#333:wink: likes to pick you apart(?) We have had some nasty back and forths, especially regarding my shell collecting. Like me, he likes to have the last word. Ignore him, or go with it... it can be fun, even educational. In 1969 at age 15 I snorkeled in Pennekamp and was thrilled. Too bad they don't allow shell collecting any more or I'd be back right now. I was in Panama in Jan., found a 10 1/2" Atlantic Tritons Trumpet live, boiled it, and it now sits in my collection. Whoa....here we go.

It's not about having the last word, or picking one apart, it's about pointing out untruth and ignorance. Knowone has never been picked apart by me, and I have never had the last word on knowone, because I have never seen knowone type untruth and ignorance. :idk:

Kind of ironic; the live shell collector supporting the "If you touch it, you kill it, and that is not a responsible way to dive" sig line noob, against that pesky truth seeker halemanō.

If one posts...

....So, after 40 years of NOT diving I want to take ONE Triton Trumpet and get SCOLDED because they are predators of the Crown of Thorns, which kill reefs. The Triton Trumpets themselves are somewhat endangered as well due to "overcollecting" (by shell shops?) because they are so beautiful. So, people fish Queen Conch over the last 40 years to near extinction because folks like to eat "conch fritters". And I can be fined a million bucks fo taking ONE for my collection. My collection is somewhat scientific, as the shells are positioned according to habitat, and scientific names are available to look up.

....then admits this....

The criticisms of my use of the term "scientific" are well taken. My hobby has no scientific purpose--the collection is for my enjoyment. Some on other threads have accused me of being a "trophy taker". I have no desire to show off my collection to freinds/guests in the house. My wife has to suggest to them that I show them my collection. I get used to using the term "scientific" because it CAN entice charter ops to view my hobby in a slightly better light.

....and choses this thread to now brag....

I was in Panama in Jan., found a 10 1/2" Atlantic Tritons Trumpet live, boiled it, and it now sits in my collection. Whoa....here we go.

......perhaps ignorant truths need to be pointed out. :idk:

Halemano,
Please respect the OP's wishes - your posts are beginning to sound RS holish.

halemanō;5911186:
I am trying to help you; I try to help a lot of people on SB, and elsewhere. The cognizant ones are appreciative. Your denile of what is transpiring in this thread is actually allowing me to help more and more people. :coffee:

:no:

Ummm. Did you mean to say denial?
Please clarify.

halemanō;5911204:
Knowone has never been picked apart by me, and I have never had the last word on knowone, because I have never seen knowone type untruth and ignorance. :idk:

Ummm. Did you mean to say No one???
Sorry. Just trying to point out ignorant truths regarding the written word.

Last edited:
Ummm. Did you mean to say denial?
Please clarify.

Thank's, my University schooling as Engineering Physicist did not include much in the way of spelling correction. I am not in denial about the fact that sometimes I misspell. :cool3:

Ummm. Did you mean to say No one???
Sorry. Just trying to point out ignorant truths regarding the written word.

Ummm, you should have stopped while you were ahead. :headscratch:

Knowone is my friend and I liked knowone's post in this thread; try to keep up! :rofl3:

It's actually a worldwide phenomenon

Fknms_map_big.jpg

The completely unaware, waiting for something to happen, back slapping
excuse making unable to do anything disregarding personal responsibility
for learning anything, about detail, with regards to their, or others safety
club.

halemanō, it's an odd thing reading your posts. Sometimes they are genuinely helpful and a benefit to those who may read them, but others make me wonder if you are possibly bipolar, posting after a few too many Blue Hawaiians, or someone has hacked your account! Either way, it's entertaining, to be sure.

I need to gather up my BPW and come see you for a dive next time we head out your way to figure it out... haha :D

halemanō;5911186:
It is not a matter of whether or not I "feel that way." :shakehead:

It's not a matter of whether or not I "don't like this thread." :shakehead:

If you chose to continue to type stuff that is not true, I will continue to point out it is untrue. :no:

If you chose to have a quoted sig line that is completely untrue, expect people to comment on the fact that your quoted sig line is completely untrue. :no:

For that I thank you, but not nearly as much as I feel sorry for you and am pissed off by you; because I fear this is just the tip of the iceburg. :shocked2:

My main purpose for browsing the forums I browse is to fight missinformation and ignorance with the truth. I do this because SoccerJeni's kid might be reading over her shoulder while she "likes" posts that defend ignorance. :no:

Lol...thanks! I appreciate your thoughts towards my children looking over my shoulder. Aren't you sweet? :D

Just for the fun of it I'm liking every post that defends "ignorance" in your quest to correct people of their "untruths" Mr. Internet Policeman! :wink:

Unfortunately, your posts are a complete drag! Who really gives a sh!t if someone calls it the wrong name? If you've tried to correct people once, that's enough. Get over it and move on. It sounds like a nagging wife when you say it over and over and over. Bottom line: rude.

Halemano, I don't dislike you, but I'm really annoyed by you in this thread. :wink: That's all.

P.S. Maybe I can join James when he comes to visit you...but you've got to quit this crap. :D

Last edited:
Look, up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, NO, it's HALEMANOMAN Faster than a speeding hard drive, more powerful than Mac computer, able to leap through tall threads in a single bound. And who disguised a Clark Kent a mild mannered Internet Inspector, Ignorant Post Rejector and Children who peer over shoulder Protector, fights a never ending battle for truth justice and the American way......

Back
Top Bottom