Happy Birthday Bob Marley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Bob Marley would have been 63 years old today.

While Bob did not invent Reggae music, he is certainly known as the "godfather of reggae" and probably one of the most influential reggae artists on the world of reggae music today and for the past 40 years.

Even people who aren't big reggae fans are familiar with his work. He was the Legend, the Natural Mystic.

Happy Birthday Bob.

One Love!

bob-marley.jpg

As Cedilla Marley said, "there's a Bob Marley song for every occasion".

Three Little Birds
Exodus
Rebel Music
No Woman No Cry
One Love

Irie, mon. Thanks for the music.

Thanks for posting, Howarde

"The Harder They Come"...classic movie.

It's my Mom's birthday today, she is 63 as well. I didn't know they had that in common.

"The Harder They Come"...classic movie.

It's my Mom's birthday today, she is 63 as well. I didn't know they had that in common.

Sandy, that was Jimmy Cliff :shakehead:

nice effort though

Sandy, that was Jimmy Cliff :shakehead:

nice effort though

:rofl3:

You know what I had the band play during my first dance with my husband at my wedding? Turn Your Lights Down Low.

I also made sure they played 3 Little Birds. I had to give them the band leader a tape of the songs so he could learn them because we couldn't find sheet music. This was before the internet. :rofl3:

Anyway, there are two musicians who got me through some very, very rough periods of my life. Without their music to keep me strong, I might not be here right now. They are Robert Nesta Marley and John Coltrane.

Cool Runnins and Ole:D

Also, talk about incongruities, it's also Ronald Reagan's Birthday.:rofl3:

Few people realize Bob Marley was on the verge of a conservative awakening just before he died. Rest well, my conservative brother.

His music is over 30 years old now but all ages love it here in Belize. I started listening to it in Hawaii in 1982 or so and still have a minimum of 4-5 CDs around the house.....it never gets old. My kids love it too. Happy Birthday Bob. Jah Live.

Back
Top Bottom