Hand Held Mount made for my GoPro Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bratface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is my hand held mount made with a little help from my buddy (who won't let me use his drill). When I purchased the GoPro Surf Edition I figured I would eventually find something to do with the mounts that came with it. I have also attached a Blurfix for greater clarity of my photos and videos. I decided to make a hand held mount for my camera to make it easier to shoot the videos.

I had an old compass reel that had given up, so I removed the platform and my buddy attached it to the handle of an old dive light using two screws. He tapped them first so they wouldn't fall out. Then he glued around the handle where it is attached to the compass platform. I used a black marker to color the dried glue. I used the adhesive surf mount and attached it to the compass platform. I also attached a lanyard to the dive light handle.

I also made a cover to fit over the Blulfix using a neoprene bottle koozie--the kind that keeps your beer cold. I’m not much of a drinker, so it was wasting space in the kitchen drawer. I cut out the zipper and pulled it onto the camera. I think the leg to an old wetsuit would fit better and then sew a drawstring at the bottom to hold it tight.

It cost nothing but a little bit of time since I had all of the materials and the help of my buddy.

IMG_0665.jpgIMG_0673.jpgDSCN9732.jpgDSCN9733.jpgDSCN9734.jpgIMG_0666.jpg

Well, Scubaboard's uploader rearranged the photos from the way I had them, and those are my initials on my old compass piece for those who may be wondering.

GREAT IDEA! :D

mar15h_053blk_dtl.jpg
MAKO AR15 Go Pro Handle

For those of you who are less handy, we offer a very similar option. Also, if you buy a camera package from MAKO, you can choose a FREE handle.

We like the protective sleeve idea... Can we "borrow" that idea?

Hi Mako, I have visited your site several times. Love the idea of mounting the camera to the speargun. You can borrow my idea about the "protective sleeve" (aka the beer koozie). I am sure you have the ability to fabricate one that will be a little more pleasing to the eye, but I live on an island and have to make do with what's available.

I'm interested in your color correcting film. I'm thinking it will fit in the standard housing even though I have attached a flat port lens.

Great design, Bratface! Not to threadjack but...

Hey MAKO,

I have been looking for a setup for some time now for my GoPro Hero2. I love your design. Do you offer a forum discount? Feel free to PM me if preferred.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom