Hamdmade map of Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire5man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am told that there is a Map of dutch springs. The handmade map of DS that showed all of the sites, depths, compass headings, fin cycles etc. Someone said that it was located on the site Wreckvalley.com. It doesn't appear to be there anymore. Anyone have this map?

I know a few years ago there was discussion about doing this. but that was several SB meltdowns ago and many threads were lost. I know the slate they sell is not very accurate, and there are lots of things not shown on it. ie... the dynomite shack, and several cars

How often are you at Dutch? Would you be willing to work on such a project?

Its a 3Hr+ Ride for me to Dutch however I like it so much its worth the trip. My Soon to be Wife 19 days and counting will soon have her C-card so I think next season we will spend lots of time up there camping and diving. But no where near the time to do a map. Wish I did. I took a buddy of mine from work up there the other day and are first dive was just for fun and dive number 2 was going to go from the WWII plane to the Helo. We missed the helo due to bad directions somehow. Then it was to late for dive number 3 and we still had what turned out to be a 4.5 hr trip home in traffic.

Wreck Valley Divers :: View topic - Unofficial Dutch Springs Map

It's has been updated, but most of us know our way around pretty welll. If you making the trip up, post here and on our board. Most likely you will find someone diving that weekend to show you the sites....:D

http://www.wreckvalley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369

The other link is from DivePA. The guy did the map for his DM class. Hope this helps....

Also they sell the outdated maps in the Blue Koi Gift Shop at DS.

BTW, Congrats on your upcoming marriage! If she dives, she's a keeper!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom