Halloo from Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antient Marriner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Readers; Just a few Lines of Introduction. This 71yr old bloke is getting back into S.C.U.B.A{that should tell you how long I have held a Certificate} diving. Now long retired, I find the Time, Money, & Desire to dive again. I have done the Refresher Course, and have the basic gear, as it were. Next stop, when the pay cheque comes to visit me; is the BCD and related equipments.
I am STUNNED beyond words- at the changes in the sport over Time. Gone are J valves, Co2 cartridges, and the double 'fire hose' in your mouth. I still read and use dive charts, BUT, the wrist mounted dive computers are a true wonder- till you bang it on a rock, and it 'runs crying to Mark Zuckerberg for help'.
Tank pressure gauge is a true blessing, for certs, along with the vast other improvements in equipment.
It is patently Plain that I am a New Diver, and will dive accordingly. I am NOT about to wreck dive on the Bismarck, or the HMS Hood; I will be most happy swimming in shoal waters, enjoying the scenery and floating wildlife.
I take up this Forum as a Means to Learn. My diving instructor once quipped, 'You can never have too much diving knowledge'. I think him correct in the Matter.
Any returns on this MS are welcomed, the more so, if you are a Maine-ee-ack.
Signed/ "Antient Marriner'

Welcome, your a bit south of me. The diving in NE is great just a little chilly.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Glad you're getting back in the water!

Welcome. I appreciate the reminder things have come a long way; hope I'm still diving at your age as I'd like to see where they get to by that time (I'm early 50's, so it's not that terribly far distant).

Welcome. I appreciate the reminder things have come a long way; hope I'm still diving at your age as I'd like to see where they get to by that time (I'm early 50's, so it's not that terribly far distant).
And Back; Thank you for the kind reply. Overall you should.could be diving at my age. The Oldest diver I know of just turned 81! By the time you are 81, I suspect we will have a 'diver force field' and sea level pressure at any depth!

Back
Top Bottom