Halloo From Inland Connecticut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Everyone!

I am a relatively experienced diver currently living in Vernon, CT hoping to join the community here to help share my scuba experiences and learn new tricks of the trade and places to dive. I have been diving for my job at an environmental consulting company in the lakes and reservoirs around CT for 6 summers (including this one), so most of my 500+ logged dives are all from the same 15 or so locations we dive in for work. I do have some more "Recreational" dives in my log, and I have seen my fair share of "interesting" situations, but I hope to get more marine dives under my belt. My hope for this summer is to explore Long Island Sound since my family just got a boat in a slip in Norwalk, CT. I am hoping to be able to use that at least a few times this summer. In August I am going up to the University of New Hampshire for my Master's Degree in Zoology, and can't wait to explore the shoreline up in NH, Mass, and Maine. If anyone has any suggestions for shore dives, or boat dive locations in LIS, please let me know!

Cheers!

Anne

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I always enjoy hearing field reports and war stories from the scientists. Gate keys "worked just fine last year"; the new summer intern is cartophobic -- turns white and thumbs the dive -- if he sees a sunken shopping cart; nesting waterfowl are convinced your snorkel is a horrible new kind of dangerous tubular predator, etc, etc.

Stay safe out there, hope you have a great time here!

Back
Top Bottom