Hall effect switch - help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbchtt

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am already desperate trying wiring a hall effect switch.

I bought a hall effect switch, resistor and mosfet. now how should I wire them together?

I have this diagram, can somebody help me wiring that?
1g3m8p.jpg

Many thanks!!

Last edited:
The image of your schematic isn't showing for me. What are you trying to build? A Hall Effect sensor is for picking up changes in a magnetic field. Since you also mentioned a MOSFET, I am thinking you are trying to use the hall to bias the FET on to drive something, correct?

Do some Google searches on Hall effect schematic and see what that produces for you. Soryr I can't get more help.

Jeff

Hi all thanks for the super fast replies.

I read some articles on hall switches. but I couldn't find anything relevant for me build.

I am using a high current (3A) in my diving torch, so a reed switch is not suitable for me.
I found some information on a hall switch which is almost the same as a reed switch, but - couldn't understand how to wire that.

I have ordered the parts by reading another post about hall switch. Maybe I don't need a mosfet or resistor... Can you help me wiring on the diagram?

I would go to taskled.com and buy the one George sells for $10 completely done for you. Solder 2 wires in and 2 out and DONE!!!

Hi all,
I am already desperate trying wiring a hall effect switch.

The the HE switch i been using can switch up to 50ma , i think that is enough for a micro relay or a optorelay which can handle 3amps. I sympathize that part selection can be bewildering so there are so many! You have not disclosed the purpose of your project. Successful Circuit design is about the part selections after the goal is disclosed. The HE could directly light the led if it less then 50ma.

oh come on ! in front your nose ! You have here drawn schematics ( basicly it is same as reed switch )

ex2.gif

R3 = 10k. Q3= IRF530N (or something similar with lower Rds (less heating))

if you have latched hall , you can remove magnet away after switching , if not magnet must stay present

Last edited:
I would go to taskled.com and buy the one George sells for $10 completely done for you. Solder 2 wires in and 2 out and DONE!!!
thanks, but it is too big to my build :(
gracet
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rbchtt Hi all,I am already desperate trying wiring a hall effect switch.
The the HE switch i been using can switch up to 50ma , i think that is enough for a micro relay or a optorelay which can handle 3amps. I sympathize that part selection can be bewildering so there are so many! You have not disclosed the purpose of your project. Successful Circuit design is about the part selections after the goal is disclosed. The HE could directly light the led if it less then 50ma.​
micro relay? :doh:
lucca brassi
oh come on ! in front your nose ! You have here drawn schematics ( basicly it is same as reed switch )Attachment 116675R3 = 10k. Q3= IRF530N (or something similar with lower Rds (less heating)) if you have latched hall , you can remove magnet away after switching , if not magnet must stay present​
Ok, thanks.umm.. so I dont need a mosfet? you sure? Hall effects are for 50-100ma my led is 3A.. :\what is the TP5?thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom