halcyon wing on DSS rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tceylan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
To be able to work at my LDS, I need to replace my DSS wing with a Halcyon wing. I'm using an STA'less single tank DSS rig. Has anybody had any experiences with mounting
a Halcyon wing on this setup?

I know I will need an STA. But I need to know how this will hold up, and if it'll be as
balanced as my current rig. Or should I look into replacing the whole rig with Halcyon
setup? I'm not very excited about this since Halcyon has some unnecessary bells and
whistles on the BP/W. (Not to mention the price.)

I'm using a 30 lbs LCD wing on a SS DSS medium BP.

To be able to work at my LDS, I need to replace my DSS wing with a Halcyon wing. I'm using an STA'less single tank DSS rig. Has anybody had any experiences with mounting
a Halcyon wing on this setup?

I know I will need an STA. But I need to know how this will hold up, and if it'll be as
balanced as my current rig. Or should I look into replacing the whole rig with Halcyon
setup? I'm not very excited about this since Halcyon has some unnecessary bells and
whistles on the BP/W. (Not to mention the price.)

I'm using a 30 lbs LCD wing on a SS DSS medium BP.

If you are using a STA you should be able to mount pretty much any wing on any back plate.

You may need to play with your trim weighting a bit. The H wings have only one set of grommets AFAIK. You may be fine right out of the box. With singles you don't have a lot of gas in your wing anyway, in most cases.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom